Pearl HCL-79 Standard Hi-Hat Clutch
This is a standard Pearl Hi Hat Clutch, and it's what makes hi hats do their thing! This clutch will fit all standard hi hat rods.
- Genuine Pearl Product
- Standard Hi-Hat Clutch
- Will fit any hi-hat stand
- Smooth and efficient, durable and reliable
- Priced right for a tight budget
How to Set Up a Drum Hi-Hat Stand Clutch System :
The Hi-Hat Clutch Assembly :
- Unscrew the hi-hat clutch wing nut and remove the hi-hat clutch from the hi-hat rod.
- Turn the lower pitched cymbal upside down, thread it through the rod and place it on the felt washer.
- Turning to the clutch assembly, unscrew the retaining nut and remove it, along with the lower felt washer.
- Turn the clutch assembly upside down and place the higher pitched cymbal upside down onto the felt washer.
- Replace the lower felt washer so that it rests on top of the upside down cymbal.
- Screw back the hi-hat clutch wing nut until it is tight; it will be unable to turn beyond a certain point.
- The two lock nuts can be adjusted to lock more or less tightly against the felt washer, allowing the cymbal a greater or lesser degree of freedom. Do not force the felts together tightly against the cymbal.
- Replace the clutch on the hi-hat rod and lower the cymbal so that it rests on top of the lower cymbal.
- Before tightening the clutch wing nut, depress the foot pedal about 1 1/2 to 2 inches – the amount of separation you would like between the two cymbals.
- Tighten the clutch wing nut.Adjust the tilt screw to the desired angle.
Super Fast Shipping
Established Since 1997