Epiphone SG Special VE Electric Guitar - Vintage Sunburst
The new Epiphone SG-Special VE™ is a great way for new players to discover a rock classic at a price anyone can afford. Featuring Epiphone open-coil humbuckers with Ceramic Magnets and available in five beautiful Vintage Worn finishes including Cherry, Ebony, Heritage Cherry Sunburst, Vintage Sunburst, and Walnut.
The Epiphone SG Special VE sings with a fatness and clarity comparable to its more expensive cousins. This is due in large part to the body poplar construction. Poplar is known for its balanced tonality and harmonic richness. The SG Special VE maintains the legendary LP rosewood fretboard but substitutes an okoume neckfor warmth and sustain you can feel in your fingers.
Epiphone vintage worn finish
Worn finishessuch as the SG Special VE vintage worn finishare incredibly popular for the way they lend an air of vintage vibe to an instrument while giving the sought-after feel of a guitar that been played for years. The vintage worn finish isn as glossy as some finishes and mimics the way older instruments age. Its feel also helps the guitar seem smoother and faster when playing hot gigs that can cause you to sweat. And best of allthe vintage worn finish will only look better with age.
Fatsmoking humbuckers yield uncompromising power
When you really want to cook on a solo or deliver thunderous power chordsyou reach for a guitar that has a pair of humbuckers. The Epiphone SG Special VE packs that exact humbucking power. The sound is all about the warmthpunchand midrange complexity you can only get from the pair of Ceramic-8 humbuckers loaded in your Epiphone SG Special VE. You get uncompromising power whether youe playing rhythm or digging into a solo.
- Classic SG tone and style at an affordable price
- Poplar body is mated with an okoume neck and rosewood fretboard
- Epiphone humbuckers deliver thick midrange-rich tones
- Worn Vintage Edition finish
- Spot-on intonation thanks to a Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:SG
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Poplar
- Top Material:Mahogany Veneer
- Body Finish:Vintage Worn
- Neck Material:Okoume
- Neck Shape:60's SlimTaper, D profile
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Pearloid dots
- Number of Frets:22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length:24.75"
- Nut Width:1.6875"
- Bridge/Tailpiece:LockTone Tune-o-matic
- Tuners:Premium covered, 14:1 ratio
- Neck Pickup:650R Ceramic-8 Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:700T Ceramic-8 Humbucker
- Controls:1 x master volume, 1 x master tone, 3-way toggle pickup switch