Epiphone SG Special Vintage Edition Electric Guitar with Poplar Body and Vintage Worn Finish
The Epiphone SG Special VE sings with fatness and clarity comparable to its more expensive cousins. This is due in large part to the body's poplar construction. Poplar is known for its balanced tonality and harmonic richness. The SG Special VE maintains the legendary LP rosewood fretboard but substitutes an Okoume neck for warmth and sustain you can feel in your fingers.
Epiphone vintage wore finish
Worn finishes such as the SG Special VE vintage worn finish are incredibly popular for the way they lend an air of vintage vibe to an instrument while giving the sought-after feel of a guitar that been played for years. The vintage wore finish isn't as glossy as some finishes and mimics the way older instruments age. Its feel also helps the guitar seem smoother and faster when playing hot gigs that can cause you to sweat. And best of all the vintage worn finish will only look better with age.
When you really want to cook on a solo or deliver thunderous power chords you reach for a guitar that has a pair of humbuckers. The Epiphone SG Special VE packs that exact humbucking power. The sound is all about the warmth punch and midrange complexity you can only get from the pair of Ceramic-8 humbuckers loaded in your Epiphone SG Special VE. You get uncompromising power whether your playing rhythm or digging into a solo.
- Classic SG tone and style at an affordable price
- Poplar body is mated with an Okoume neck and rosewood fretboard
- Epiphone humbuckers deliver thick midrange-rich tones
- Worn Vintage Edition finish
- Spot-on intonation thanks to a Tune-o-Matic bridge and stop bar tailpiece
- Body Type: Solid body
- Body Shape: SG
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material: Poplar
- Top Material: Mahogany Veneer
- Body Finish: Vintage Worn
- Neck Material: Okoume
- Neck Shape:60's SlimTaper, D profile
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid dots
- Number of Frets:22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length:24.75"
- Nut Width:1.6875"
- Bridge/Tailpiece:LockTone Tune-o-Matic
- Tuners: Premium covered, 14:1 ratio
- Neck Pickup:650R Ceramic-8 Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:700T Ceramic-8 Humbucker
- Controls:1 x master volume, 1 x master tone, 3-way toggle pickup switch