Alesis V61 Controller Keyboard with 61 Standard Keys and Editor Softwares Ableton Live Download
The Alesis V61 keyboard and pad controllers are ultra-compact controllers designed for the traveling musician and the desktop producer. With an array of hardware controls, the Alesis V series lets you record, compose, and perform with virtual instruments, effect plugins in DAWs whenever inspiration strikes.
61-key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller with Eight Backlit Pads, Two Wheels, Four Assignable Knobs, and Four Assignable Buttons.
Alesis Midi Keyboard Features :
- 61 full-sized, square-front keys
- 8 velocity- and pressure-sensitive backlit pads for beat production and clip launching
- 4 assignable knobs and 4 assignable buttons interface with your music software
- Octave Up and Down buttons let you access the full keyboard range
- Pitch and modulation wheels deliver expressive, creative control
- Seamless, visual feedback via illuminated buttons and knobs
- USB power and USB-MIDI connectivity for Mac and PC
- Production software included: Ableton Live Lite 9 and Xpand! 2 by AIR Music Tech (downloads)
Dimensions: (Length x Width x Height): 9.6 inches x 44.1 inches x 4.53 inches
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this unit need a power supply to work?
These controllers are USB hub-powered and do not take an external power supply.
No, these controllers are class-compliant meaning that they are plug-and-play and do not require a specific driver download in order to function. The V series controllers will function on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 as well as all Mac operating systems that are 10.4.11 and above. Also, because they are class-compliant, they will continue to function as Windows and Apple come out with later updates and operating systems.
The VI series comes with Ableton Live Lite 9 and Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech (downloads).
Use these buttons to send MIDI CC messages to your software. They can function as momentary or toggle (latching) buttons. You can also use the V Editor software to set each button to send programs and change messages to your software. See the V Editor's User Guide to learn how to do this.
These controllers do not. They are midi controllers and are meant to trigger software in your computer that has sounds built into them such as Ableton, Logic, etc...
The V25 has a connection for a 1/4" TS sustain pedal (Momentary non-latching footswitch). It would be helpful to have one that has a polarity switch on it in case you want to customize the way the pedal reacts when being pressed down or released.
Alesis V61 61-key USB Midi Keyboard Best Budget Controller