Super Fast Shipping
Established Since 1997
You may also like
The Alesis V25 is a powerful, intuitive MIDI controller that lets you take command of your music software with a series of pads, knobs, and buttons. With 25 full-size velocity-sensitive keys and Octave Up/Down buttons, you can expand the keyboard to the full melodic range and play bass lines, chords, and melodies. V25 also features four assignable knobs and buttons for manipulating effect plugins and virtual instruments: open and close filters, adjust volume levels, activate effects, tweak parameters, and more. Eight velocity-sensitive backlit pads allow you to launch clips or finger drum with exceptional response, and pitch and modulation wheels expand the expressive capabilities of your performing.
- 25 full-sized, square-front keys
- 8 velocity- and pressure-sensitive backlit pads for beat production and clip launching
- 4 assignable knobs and 4 assignable buttons interface with your music software
- Octave Up and Down buttons let you access the full keyboard range
- Pitch and modulation wheels deliver expressive, creative control
- Seamless, visual feedback via illuminated buttons and knobs
- USB power and USB-MIDI connectivity for Mac and PC
- Production software included: Ableton Live Lite 9 and Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech (downloads)
- V25 USB-MIDI Controller
- USB Cable
- Ableton Live Lite (Download)
- Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech (Download)
- User Guide
- Mac: OS X 10.7, 10.8, or 10.9 (Software Requirements: OS X 10.8 or 10.9)
- PC: Windows 7 or Windows 8; Multicore Processor; 2GB RAM
- Available USB Port
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this unit need a power supply to work?
These controllers are USB hub-powered and do not take an external power supply.
No, these controller are class-compliant meaning that they are plug-and-play and do not require a specific driver download in order to function. The V series controllers will function on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 as well as all Mac operating systems that are 10.4.11 and above. Also, because they are class-compliant, they will continue to function as Windows and Apple come out with later updates and operating systems.
The VI series comes with Ableton Live Lite 9 and Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech (downloads).
Use these buttons to send MIDI CC messages to your software. They can function as momentary or toggle (latching) buttons. You can also use the V Editor software to set each button to send program and change messages to your software. See the V Editor's User Guide to learn how to do this.
These controllers do not. They are midi controllers and are meant to trigger software in your computer that has sounds built into them such as Ableton, Logic ect...
The V25 has a connection for a 1/4" TS sustain pedal (Momentary non-latching footswitch). It would be helpful to have one that has a polarity switch on it in case you want to customize the way the pedal reacts when being pressed down or released.